The story takes place after Metro 2033, with a new story guided by Dmitry Glukhovsky but written in house at 4A-Games. The story will continue from the canonical ending of the previous game, in which Artyom presumably destroyed the dark ones. In this setting Artyom, Khan and many others Rangers will join forces once again to defend D6 from many foes including the Fourth Reich, communists and bandits. With this new installment 4A has promised a multitude of new weapons, such as a bolt-action rifle, a hand powered chain gun, a single-shot pistol and a homemade grenade launcher, and new locations to play in. Weapons from Metro 2033 will make a return, such as the ~censored~, Kalash, VSV, Uboinik, and even a new hand-held flamethrower.
It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
When we emerged into the ruins of Moscow, I felt both fear and sorrow. But, after a life underground, I also saw strange beauty in
the dark skies and frozen landscape. “So, that’s the dead city,” grunted Bourbon. “Welcome home, Artyom.”
Survival, with a touch of horror, is a critical component of the Metro series:
• Gas masks can become damaged in combat, and filters must be replaced. A broken mask and no extra filters can lead to an early death.
• Ammunition must be used carefully. Should you use your precious military grade rounds, the main form of currency in the metro, or stick with
surplus rounds and hope they do the job?
• Powered devices, such as your headlamp, must be manually recharged, as well as certain weapons.
• Contend with enemies, both human and mutant, with weapons ranging from throwing knives to miniguns.
It appears that the devastation we brought upon ourselves was complete; Heaven, Hell and Purgatory were atomized as well. So
when a soul leaves the body it has nowhere to go, and must remain here, in the Metro. A harsh, but not undeserved atonement
for our sins, wouldn’t you agree?
GRIPPING STORY-DRIVEN SHOOTER
–A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
EXPERIENCE THRILLING COMBAT
– Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness.
EXPLORE THE WORLD
– Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created.
EVERY BULLET COUNTS
– Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay.
– Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC.
You can’t hide from the future.
Consumed by the fallout of war, the surface is an unbreathable wasteland, inhabited by mutants, stalkers (humans scavenging the surface
for valuables), and the decaying remains of Moscow, the “dead city.”
It is below the surface, within the labyrinthine remains of Moscow’s metro system, that humanity makes its home, where ammunition is
both a form of currency and defense, where old ideologies are reborn within philosophy and violence, and where the ghosts of the past
forever relive their final moments.
Your only hopes for survival are your gun, your gas mask, and your wits.
Minimum System Requirement
Windows: XP (32-Bit), Vista, 7 or 8
CPU: 2.2 GHz Dual Core e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo
Hard Disc Space: 7.5 GB
Direct X: 9.0c
Graphics Card: DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant e.g. NVIDIA GTS 250
(or AMD equivalent e.g. HD Radeon 4000 series) or higher