Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (previously marketed as simply Modern Warfare 2) is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Officially announced on February 11, 2009, the game was released worldwide on November 10, 2009. It is the sixth installment of the Call of Duty series, and the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, continuing along the same storyline.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was released in conjunction with two other Call of Duty games: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized for the Nintendo DS, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, a port of Call of Duty 4 adapted by Treyarch for the Wii console. In addition, a comic book series based on one of the game’s characters will also be produced, entitled Modern Warfare 2: Ghost. The developer has stated that the game’s proprietary IW 4.0 game engine is an improvement over the engine used in its previous game.
• New operations. Extensive single player campaign that continues the events of the original game.
• Shoulder to shoulder. Cooperative mode “special operations”, which presented a number of scenarios for the two parties. As you gain experience of the soldiers, they will open more and more complex missions, as the plot interface with a single campaign, and completely independent.
• against each other. New multiplayer modes, as well as unique abilities and skills that are available only in online battles.
• The risk to life. In carrying out dangerous missions in extreme conditions: in the snow-capped mountains, barren, even under water, players will use all the modern weapons, the latest equipment and technology.
• Beautiful action. Spectacular, dynamic shooting and cruel melee, as spectacular as not inferior to the episodes of the best Hollywood blockbuster.
o OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
o Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
o Memory: 1 GB RAM
o Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
o DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
o Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
o Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
o Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation.
o Co-op/Multiplayer Hosting: To host Co-op or MP matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.