IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is yet another installment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series. The game takes place in 1940 during the pivotal aerial battle for the skies over Britain between the British, the German and the Italian air forces. The campaign thrusts you into the middle of the battle. You will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side, or join the German Luftwaffe and take part in meticulously recreated historical battles. Cliffs of Dover boasts incredibly detailed right-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be hurt for realistic and immensely satisfying results. In addition to a compelling single-player mode, a massive multiplayer mode offers customizable modes range from simple death-match-stylishness free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer. Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support; huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental fundamentals recreate minute details of 1940s Europe Customizable Difficulty ? Dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun even as culture the ropes of being a pilot.
- Flyable Aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to you; all flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors (including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt and the Stuka)
- Non-Flyable Aircraft – 13 AI controlled additional aircraft are also available to allow an even more accurate and immersive experience thanks to a varied aircraft
- Interactive Training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions
- Brand New Setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south; the huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940
- New 3D Engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support; huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe Customizable Difficulty – Dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot