Speed kills. Consider this the big message of Terror Strike: Close Quarters Combat, a year-old tactical shooter (it hit Europe in early 2006 under the name of The Regiment) from Kuju Entertainment that revs up the terrorist-killing meme of Rainbow Six so much that it feels like a lethal biathlon. This certainly lends the proceedings a unique intensity, but ventilating tangos and rescuing hostages like some kind of Flash in army boots exposes serious holes in squad artificial intelligence, level design, and game mechanics. So all this breathtaking velocity really only serves to take you from “Hey, this is kind of a neat budget take on Tom Clancy” to “I want to throw my mouse through my monitor” at a breakneck pace.
* OS: Windows® 2000 SP4/XP SP2/Vista™?
* Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or equivalent (2.8 GHz processor recommended)
* 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM for Vista)
* 3GB free hard drive space
* 4x DVD-ROM drive
* DirectX® 9.0 or higher compatible 128MB video card (256 MB recommended)
* DirectX 9.0 or higher compatible sound card